Monday 7 July 2014

Our Friend Lola makes a return

In a past post I featured a small grey tabby who was becoming a regular visitor. She even stayed over some nights by getting in through the cat flap. She is a very cheeky little madam and runs straight into the house as soon as I open the door.

At one point I thought she was a stray or lost as she was very vocal, stayed in the house frequently, constantly asking for food and even stole some food a few times. I discovered she belonged to a house opposite my garden and her name was Lola. She continued visiting the house and was always on the lookout on the food! She would cry and cry at you for some. Gypsy obviously did not take this well so most of the times shows Lola on her way (not in a violent way just a hiss and a run at her seems to do the trick).

Lola does seem to have a close relationship with Cochise and I have spotted Lola trying to play with him a few times, he has shown a softer side and does play around with her.

Back in early December I returned from a week away to find Lola waiting at my front door, she welcomed me back by hassling me for food as soon as I opened the door, she stayed a little while then went on her way. That was the last time I would see her for a while.

Lola out of the blue basically just disappeared, there was no more visits. I suspected it was the wet weather and she decided to stay inside but as days turned into weeks then months I feared the worst.

I can’t remember exactly when it was but it was around  late February early March time, I was washing up and I noticed something move outside in front of the window. It took me a few moments to realise it was a grey tabby then to my amazement it was Lola. I went outside to see her. She had grown a little more and put on some weight however she did seem to be different. She wasn’t as friendly as before, but she did recognise and say a little hello. Before she would jump on me and come when I called for some affection now she doesn’t seem interested. Maybe she has just grown up in the months she had gone AWOL.

She still comes into the house but this is less and less frequent and is normally just a sprint in the kitchen and out again. Gypsy still runs her out but I have spotted Gypsy and Lola playing outside a few times, probably a typical teenage girl friendship. When Cochise visits and Lola spots him she is quick to come over and try to grab his attention, most of the time he doesn’t react to her but does sometimes gives in and lets his playful side out.


I am happy she is OK though and is around again even though she has dig up all my seeds and plants :)  


No comments:

Post a Comment