Monday 14 May 2012

Our visitor

Me and Rambo had a visitor last night!

I was cooking my tea and heard a tap at the window and it was a kitten! Very very vocal I opened the door and he/she ran right in!
Rambo was more shocked than anything else :) I picked the kitten up and took it back outside, it started purring and when I put him/her down started crying!!

I so wanted to let it back in but did not want to upset Rambo - he is a moody furry thing anyways!!

So the kitten kept at the window sills of both rooms shouting to be let in for hours I finally gave in and made a make shift shelter so it was safe and warm for the night also some food.

Rambo stayed downstairs all night keeping an eye on him/her I think he normally chases cats away but this time he didn't

So this morning I got up looked out the window and could not see the kitten I thought it must of found his/her way home. I opened the door and it dived right into the house again - most of been waiting in the shadows :) I got the kitten out and gave it some more food and water, the kitten had slept in the shelter.

It was time for work so had to leave Rambo and the kitten to it. I arrived home at teatime and the kitten has gone :(

I'm hoping it found his/her home and is safe. I had made an appointment at the vets tomorrow to see if the kitten was chipped and registered lost.

I have left the shelter out tonight just in case.

I managed to get one photo of the kitten looking right at me as Rambo is looking out from inside.

I did not name the kitten otherwise I would of got attached!!

I will keep you guys updated if our visitor returns, Rambo is out there now just watching and waiting on the wall where the kitten was :)

5 comments:

  1. I think what you're doing is great.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats so good and it made me laugh x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! Sadly, Take Me To The Kittens! had to come down this weekend to make room for another exhibition, but I'm so glad you enjoyed it, and also that it's helped you with some ideas for your own photography! You've made a fantastic start already and this picture of unnamed cat and Rambo is just lovely, not lovely for a BTEC student (I never did a qualification in photography) but just lovely full stop. Do you know a book called Ernie but Tony Mendoza? Mendoza's one of my heroes, and this cat looks just like Ernie, who was a cat he lived with.

    If you're on Facebook, do feel free to share some of your cat photos over at the Take Me To The Kittens! group which will be running for the forseeable future:

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/161101550668718/

    Would love to be kept to date on what you're doing etc :-)

    All best,

    D Jun-Yu Low

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pic Stephanie. Best of luck with your project. Peter x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoying your blog Stephanie,keep up the good work,well done,i am hooked already,also told my sis in law,and she will also spread the word about your blog,and best of luck also with your project:)x

    ReplyDelete